Monday 13 September 2010

September 3

Hypo-Heat-Stroke-Thermia.


After class today we went and read Jane Austen in Hyde Park (did I mention Pride and Prejudice was supposed to have been read…) I was feelin good until the clouds came…then I got cold so I put my jacket on…for .002 seconds until the sun came back out and roasted me alive…until the clouds came back over and it dropped 300 degrees in 2 seconds….only to spike to Arabian Desert temperatures in 3 more seconds.

To solve this problem: fall asleep after only reading 5 pages. Awesome.

Arnolfini Portrait - Van Eyck
-Went to the National Gallery and saw some amazing art! Van Eyck = my favorite artist of the week. The detail he included in these small oil paintings are seriously unreal. Most smashing part of the day.

-Went to the Hyde Park Stake YSA dance. They were playing techno…until we walked in. Then they started playing REALLY bad old American music I think just to cater to us. Finally they realized it was a bad move and put on their stuff and I loved all of it. Way fun even though our huge group of girls made up most of the crowd. These really nice boys offered to walk us all home since the tube was closed. Little did we know they meant go on a Pioneer Trek that took 45 minutes! They were really cool though and told us our British Accents sounded like Austrailian (not a cool part). Sam is the one I talked to the most and was really funny, served his mission in Paris WITH Grace’s cousin and 5 other people we know. SMALL WORLD when it comes to Mormons. He does a talk show with his brother? SafeRadio. Look it up.
<>
Repped the Jazz shirt. Don't even worry.
Rock n' Roll was the theme. I think Jenna portrayed that effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment