Monday 13 September 2010

**August 30

Yo Outta Hee-yuh
We are leaving! I am on the plane from SLC to Phoenix about to take off and it still hasn’t even hit me I’m really going! I said bye last night to all my friends it wasn’t even sad… ;) I was bummed but didn’t shed no stinking tears but when they all left I was like wow, I really will miss them!
       Lungs collapsing. But I love them all :)

Wait.. remind me why I'm going to miss them?
I finally finished at 3, had TONS of extra room…

The Mantus (Al) stayed until like 2 in the morning and helped me pack…oh wait no she didn’t she layed on my bed, but still really nice of her to stay that long!

Woke up at 6, got 3 hours of sleep, finished packing and was off! It was really sad saying bye to my family, I’ve never left them for this long!

I got upgraded to first class for the first leg of the flight SWEET! …which I will spend sleeping. Awesome. I don’t really know what to expect there which makes me nervous. I’m also realizing I’m super lazy which is why I bought caffeine pills but don’t tell my mom.

I’m still super excited though, I know this is going to be unforgettable!

--We’re now getting on the flight to Philadelphia. Slept the ENTIRE way here. It was so comfortable I think I might trade in my bed for an airplane chair…oh wait no I’d rather be locked in the Chokey by Ms. Trunchable then sleep on an airplane again AND we have to fly through the night to London!! KILLLLLL ME! We’re going to try and upgrade cause it would TOTALLY be worth it.

--Taking off now. Tried to pull the sneaky “push the button while you’re taking off to avoid the awkward tension of reclining onto them” move. Told Grace about it, she successfully slowly falls back. But tragedy arises when my reclination JAMS and I’m stuck hanging mid tilt. Tried to slowly give a nudge but end up rocketing back right into the business man who doesn’t mess around. Not sneaky at all. SUPER awkward. Avoided eye contact/any peripheral views of him for the next 4 hours.

--Found the Sky Mall magazine. Enough said. If you’re product has been printed here, you know its QUALITY.
In case you want an adult car seat...
The SkyRest. "This person is able to sleep comfortably in any seat. Can you say the same?" No I can not.
In case you have a problem of sending your cell phone flying into orbit cause you can't hold on to it...
In case you need a Sumo Wrestler COFFEE TABLE
Let me help you out. The title reads: "Bigfoot, the Garden Yeti".... in case you need that...
Above are the two Electronic Racket Zappers to ZAP away any "unwanted pesky pets"
Below: "Dog Dazer & Dog-off Deluxe" ....in case...
In case you need a small replica of a baby... "complete the illusion of life"
In case you want your identity stolen... a neckalce of your fingerprint.
In case you want a knock off Snuggy...the Slanket!
Wait this is real. Hermiones Time Turner!! I really do want this.

--Indian lady sitting by Grace in the window seat has just crossed the row of 3 of us to get out for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time. (When she started climbing over me in my sleep, that was the crowning jewel moment.)
This is real. Row of 3 seats. She's on the inside.

Then there’s the….I don’t even know WHAT ethnicity they are but they’re SUPER annoying 2 boys who talk SO loud that their conversations in their unrecognizable accent (which makes it even MORE painful from the language barrier making them talk even SLOWER which drags out the pointless annoying conversations )are infiltrating my dreams.
--African Curse lives on. Paying for my water at the airport in Philly- cashier: “Oh how are you my beauty!” No. Way. Was my initial reaction when I heard the accent. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!? Talked to him for a bit asked him where he’s from. “I’m from Philly!” No…definitely not. “Ok… I am from Ethiopia I am coming to school here.” WOW! “You come back to me you know?” were his parting words. Aw the curse lives on…

--HAD an aisle seat. Swindled out of it by 2 cute little black girls and a Mom who “claimed she didn’t speak English very well” (totally was by them at the luggage thing SPOKE IT BETTER THAN ME THEY WERE BRITISH) HAVE a middle seat wedged between this old British lady who literally sat and stared at me the ENTIRE time until we lifted off (delayed, so 20 minutes of really uncomfortable fake looking at a magazine) and to my left I have what I thought was a nice little asian man. Little did I know he had a CANNON of a snore, loved to wake himself up from his sleep by making WEIRD noises I didn’t know were possible and loves his elbow room and Sudoku (which I hate, looking at it makes me mad cause I never have understood it). If it wasn’t so miserable, it could have been a movie.
--Eventually I fall asleep only to wake up to Grandma gripping my arm in her sleep?? Creepy. Literally could have been straight out of the Twilight Zone.

--Another awesome 7 hours of halfy-sleeping. Wish I had one of these:

No comments:

Post a Comment